Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Q: Every time I try to do a "control-alt-delete," I get a message that says that it has been disabled by my administrator.

This is a personal home computer, and there is not any administrator but me.

How can I fix this problem and turn it
back on?


A: Windows XP has some pretty advanced settings for controlling various aspects of the system.

There is a policy editor that will allow you or anyone with admin rights to enable and disable various features of the operating system.

Chances are someone was playing with these settings and put in this restriction.

The quickest and easiest way to restore this functionality is to follow the instructions at windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm.

For more information on Group Policy, check out the Elder Geeks information page, at www.theeldergeek.com/group_policy_editor.htm.

Heed the warning, this is a powerful tool.
HoustonChronicle.com - Help Line

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?